Tuesday, September 1, 2009

NOOOOOOOOO TOUCHY!!!!

I sit at the front desk in my office (see previous thoughts on this here) and unfortunately, my desk is also quite the dumping ground for other people's things.  I can handle this for the most part because there is a part of my desk that I don't use as often, so therefore, it's kind of an almost no-man's-land (if you will).  I am CONSTANTLY trying to clear it off though so that I don't look like a crazy person (any more than normal) who can't seem to keep my projects under control.  I actually manage to maintain this fairly well.

My job also entails making sure I have the hospital account information ready and in our charts so that Dr. M can dictate and write up his superbill (I know, first time I heard this word, I thought 'Seriously...SUPERbill?  What the heck is so SUPER about it?  Turns out, fancy name for charge sheet.)  

IF someone-who-shall-remain-nameless would quit taking charts before we at the front desk are done with them, then we wouldn't have half the issues with labels and demographic sheets we do, let alone trying to track down a chart if he/she has moved it from where it is supposed to be.  On the other hand, if someone-who-shall-remain-nameless would do their job ahead of time and double check for any reports that we may be missing, someone-who-shall-remain-nameless wouldn't come rushing out of a patient's exam room in a panic either.  I guess it's slightly a double edged sword, however, it's not rocket science for someone-who-shall-remain-nameless if he/she would pull her head out of her patootie.

*Deep breaths iiiiiiiiin...deep breaths ooooooooooout...*

Namaste Grasshoppa...Namaste...

No comments: