Friday, September 25, 2009

OMG! I did it!!!

Ok, so it's not some monumental occasion to most, but to me it is!!!!

Today was Week 1 Day 1 of the C25K program...and I would be lying if I didn't say I was a bit (ok, a lot) apprehensive going in to this!!! I am NOT a runner! I am a great walker and that was about the extent of my treadmill usage. But today...I RAN. (And no bear was chasing me either!)

The thought of getting this big girl moving at a speed that conjures up images of shock waves going through pavement was not motivating in the least. However...I have a goal to meet. CMM and I have a goal...to do the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day. My bff Spartacus has been doing mini triathlons, and I would love to start running a 5K with her too!

I will be giving up watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade to run my ever lovin' heart out. Later that day, turkey will have NEVER tasted so good as it will as victory from running that race!!!

(Is it sick that I'm actually looking forward to day 2????)

I have a goal and I think I can make it!!!

No comments: