Friday, April 15, 2011

Work In Progress...

So last night, I went to get my tattoo fixed, as I have wanted to get it fixed since 2006, not long after I got it.  There is a bit of a story here, because Sister went with me yesterday to get it fixed (she was there when I got it the first time), however the gal who I had the appointment with, had a client suddenly change what she wanted which ended up taking a LOT longer than expected, plus she didn't have the right materials clean she wanted to use with me.  So, instead, she asked if I could come back the next day.

I have had my appointment for about a month.  I won't lie, I was MAD.  Sister wouldn't be able to be there, she came down specifically for this.  (Insert mad pouty face here.)  We went to dinner instead, and then on to trivia night as usual for a Wednesday night.

Thursday, C went with me to get it fixed, and the gal who asked me to come back was more than ready for me.  Once we got going, it took her less than 20 minutes to fix what needed fixing, plus add some shading that was definitely needed.

Here I am with Jeannie, who honestly is awesome, and, you would never guess, but she KNITS!  That's where I met her, was across the street at the shop where I get all my knitting stuff!  Yes, there were times I did wince like this, but rest assured, this picture is indeed, staged.



So, I won't show the fixed version, because it's in the healing stages, however I will show you the initial, my tat as of last night, and then as soon as it's healed, the finished product!

So, here we go:

Day I got it:



Finished product after infection pulled out half the color (and 5 years later...this picture was taken Wednesday night) :




Do you see why it needed to be fixed?  It was driving me crazy.  Right now, it is really pissed at me not happy with me.  When it calms down and decides to play nice (gimme about a week or so), I promise a finished post with (hopefully if I can manage to figure out enough html) all three side by side for a progression shot...no promises yet though!

Happy Friday!!!

No comments: