Thursday, April 28, 2011

Will and Kate



I admit it.  I am going to be one of the millions of Americans who get up at the ungodly hour of 3:30 am and watch The Royal Wedding.

I have to admit, I haven't looked at much of the hoopla going into this shindig, however, my friend Stacey (who happens to live very near my apartment...as in...about 10 buildings away in my complex), is full on OBSESSED more of a general anglophile than a royal-watcher.  I promise to post some pictures this weekend of our little tea party, however I can pretty much guarantee you that my face won't be in them.  (I fully plan on being in pj's, sans makeup and with really wonky hair.)

In fact, Stacey just posted this as her facebook status:

What is your Royal Wedding guest name?  Start with either Lord or Lady.  Your first name is one of your grandparent's name.  Your surname is the name of your first pet, double barrelled with the name of the street you grew up on.

Yours Royally,
Lady Carol Buttercup-Inyo

She cracks me up.  She has had a countdown app on her phone that shows details of the wedding for over a month now.

However, back to OUR party.

Stacey is bringing macaroons, I am making scones, and while she sips black tea, I will be sipping hot chocolate (no matter how hard my mother has tried, I just don't like tea...sorry mom).  Then after the whole sha-bang, I will be chugging caffeine to make it through my day.  I have never been so grateful to have both doctors on vacation in my life.  :)

I find it funny remembering how my mom stayed up to watch Princess Diana and Prince What's-His-Bucket's wedding...and now here I am staying up for their kid's wedding.  Full circle I guess.

Anywho...I will update this weekend with pictures...like I said, no guarantees that I will actually be IN said pictures...plus, my apartment is a bit of a mess, so no guarantees that the pictures will be of much other than the food and our *ahem* headwear.

Yours Royally,
Lady Doris Happy-206th  (Yeah...just doesn't work for me like it did for her!)

2 comments:

Maggy said...

:) yay! it's the stuff memories are made of!

Freedom said...

let me see...

Lady Lambertine Cristobell-Morgan

haha not so much