Saturday, April 12, 2008

Because you had a bad day...

You ever just have one of those days? You oversleep, get to work late, stuck behind a semi (or whatever else is annoying the heck out of you on the road), traffic is bad, people at work are cranky, all compiling into your day...

Well, welcome to Jolene's day 4/9/08. Oversleep? Check! Get to work late? Check! Stuck behind a teeny tiny car that is going 40 in the fast lane? Check! People call in sick to work? Check! Doctor get called away to a HUGE emergency surgery that ate up 3/4 of our day? CHECK! Get slammed with patients at the end of the day because the doctor didn't want you to cancel them because she thought she would be back in time? DOUBLE CHECK! Have an ultrasound tech who's kids are at daycare and an ex husband who is out of town, along with two ultrasound techs who refuse to come help you out and your doctor is going nuts because we are about to be w/o an ultrasound tech? CHECK!

I ran my ASS off all day. My doctor gets called away, that means I had almost an entire afternoon of people to reschedule, all before their appointment which for the most part, was within the next hour to hour in a half. I can't take all the credit, I had some amazing help, Paula is amazing, and without her, I would never have been able to get ahold of the folks I needed to. I was frustrated, fed up with patients who had appointments for something that was not a pressing medical issue, but were severely annoyed that I had to tell them that since Dr. Hammond was called away to EMERGENCY surgery...wouldn't you want the doctor to drop and run for you???

I finally am able to leave work to head to Louisville to meet with my women's group. The one thing to rescue my day...margaritas, girlfriends and Chipotle. In that order. Well no, girlfriends, margaritas and THEN Chipotle.

Then when I get done with the girls, which was a great version of therapy by the way, (complete with the "re-enactment") I got my stuff together, put on my coat, check the phone and found the thing that made my entire day...a text message, and this is what it said:

U were gr8t 2 day. Thnx.

It was from Dr. Hammond. I'm sorry, did I have a problem today?

No comments: