Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Many Things, Crammed Into One Post

So, as the title states, lots to cover.  Everyone got their favorite beverage or snack, comfy seat, blanket and are ready to go?  Okay, here we go.

Today I have been wracking my brain trying to write my 19 BILLIONTH cover letter.  It's not going well.  I need to finish it tonight and send it off to my friend of a friend at a company downtown that would honestly be the bomb-diggity to work for, but I need to give myself a break.  I need something that is not a cover letter, and is not an online dating profile or witty text message to a certain someone.  (Actually, the witty text messages I don't mind so much.)  At one point today, I came scarily close to combining a cover letter and dating profile.  That's when I knew I am to the point of overload.

So, in order to distract myself for a short amount of time, I have decided it's time to blog.  Mentally vomit (sorry if you got an unpleasant mental image there).  Get things off my chest/off my mind.  Insert the next cliché here.  (BTW, totally just found out recently how to do that little ´ over the e.  Feeling pretty badass, it's the little things people.)

Unemployment has had it's perks.  Time to rest, time to spend with friends, time to put other parts of life in order, or back out into the world, depending on which part you're talking about.  However, it's been almost 3 solid months now...Sister...I don't have a CLUE as to how you did this for a year.  Kudos.  I find myself missing the outside world.  I miss being a productive person in society.  I guess it's good that I miss that instead of getting incredibly used to living off of unemployment.  (Which honestly...no thank you, I'm going freaking stir crazy.)

The next thing I have on my agenda (besides the last part of this blog post, which was a great way to distract myself for just a short while) is to make my adorable cousin Anke's hat she has asked me for.  I have to get goin' on it.  I have the yarn, I have the hook, and finally have a pattern (I am insanely meticulous on picking these out...). I also have 3 other projects I need to get working on too.  Two wish fulfillments, and I go back and forth about figuring out making something absolutely fab for myself.  :)  Who knows what it will be at this point.  What I love is that it's (almost) fall so knit/crochet wear is a bit more "accepted".  Because who wants to be working on an insanely hot blanket or warm hat in 80 degree weather?  (By the way, for those that don't know, Colorado has been going a bit CRAZY with the weather fluctuations.  I'm so ready for fall, it's sick.)

Also, when your dear, dear friend is sitting across from you at breakfast one morning, and says (as you have your sunglasses on your head, pushing back part of your hair) "HOLY COW, you weren't kidding!  You DO have a lot of gray hairs!!" it's time to break out a new box of color...it's kind of sickening how many more seem to be showing up these days.  Not just sickening...flat out SCARY AS HELL.  I know that Grandee (dad's mom) was completely white haired by 19, but for the love of PETE...as long as boxes of hair color are stronger than genetics, my grays will be hiding under brown hair color!!!!  Now, time to google for a coupon.

Up next: my time waster/cover letter distraction for the evening. 

I love a good "tell me about you" survey, though many are geared towards high school students and the drama that surrounds their lives.  I was going back through some old notes of mine on facebook, and found this one.  I decided to brush it off, spruce it up, and post it here.  Feel free to comment, steal and/or whatever you like.

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Credit cards

2. Do you miss being a child?
Back when wonder was the best thing ever and your biggest choice was Princess or Rainbow Brite underoos? Heck yah.

3. Chore you hate the most?
Dishes

4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Sadly, with the ex, there weren't many romantic dinners...so uhhh, no idea.

5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
Living with Roomzilla

6. Name of your first grade teacher?
Miss Crowell

7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Snuggling with someone at a movie, or at home with a movie.

8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Veterinarian

9. What college(s) did you attend?
CCU

10.Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
Because I love this t-shirt!

11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
Could be better...

12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
It didn't therefore it was great.

13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I love this movie...

14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Christopher Meloni

15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Yes...

16. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
Heck yah.

17. Get up early or sleep in?
Sleep In.

18. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Smurfs or Animaniacs

19. Favorite thing to do at night?
Hang out with friends, knit or crochet, watch movies.

20. When did you first start feeling old?
Seeing friends' kids and how old they are already...

21. Favorite lunch meat?
Ham

22. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
No Wally World...I'm a Target girl!

23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No.  Not at all.

24. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
I honestly don't know...(I'm scanning my DVD's as I type)

25. What's your favorite drink?
Vodka Cran or a really good Margarita, although I had a Strongbow Cider last week that was really good!

26. Who from high school would you like to run in to?
Facebook has actually helped me "run into" a bunch of folks...so I think I'm good for now.

27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
94.1 - so that my iPod can play.

28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Neither

29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
Probably Brian...in general, I'm not sure really how else to explain it...

30. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
N/A

31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?
No

32. Last book you finished reading?
The Help

33. Do you have a teddy bear?
No.

34. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
No idea.

35. Do you go to church?
I try to go every week, but some weeks is tougher than others.

36. How old are you?
33

37. How many kids do you have?
0

38. How many times have you been married?
0

39. Why have you chosen this lifestyle you live?
Life is short...live it to the fullest.

40. What pleases you more than anything else?
Making others happy.

No comments: