Sunday, July 10, 2011

20 Questions (times 5)

My friend Stacey, who is also my neighbor and 4am Royal Wedding Watcher Partner, loves these questionnaires, as I have for quite a while...(enter the many MySpace ones I filled out...back in the day, as well as I've done my fair share on facebook as well.)

Anyways, as I can't turn down a good set of questions, here we go:

1. How old will you be in five years?
Ugh...38 years old. Holy crap.

2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today?
Me, Myself and I.

3. How tall are you?
6' 1"

4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
My crazy upcoming week, Idina Menzel with the CSO at Red Rocks, Harry Potter final movie premier (yes, I am going to a midnight showing with 7 friends and a grip of other HP nuts, and yes, I am SO stinking excited about it.)

5. What’s the last movie you saw?
I'm currently watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix on tv, however, before that, I think it was Food, Inc.

6. Who was the last person you called?
My folks

7. Who was the last person to call you?
My SIL, Maggy

8. What was the last text message you received?
From Marly in response to one I sent her.

9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail?
Dad

10. Do you prefer to call or text?
Depends on what's going on, 8 times out of 10, a text.  Unless I'm driving, it would take too long to type out or needing to confirm something right away, then a call.

11. What were you doing at 12am last night?
Settling in for bed.  Just got home from John and Kendra's wedding.

12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced?
Married, for 37 years this September

13. When is the last time you saw your mom?
Last night at the wedding

14. What color are your eyes?
Green

15. What time did you wake up today?
Uh...I'm not sure...I think until about 8:30...which is really sleeping late in my world.

16. What are you wearing right now?
T-shirt, yoga pants.  I have a current obsession with Old Navy's yoga pants.  I blame my BFF Cheryl and SIL Maggy for this.

17. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Uhhh...this is tough.  Must consult iTunes...brb...apparently my most listened to is Ave Maria, as performed by Chris Botti.  Um, duh, I should have known that.  Other than that, the Straight No Chaser Christmas Album is up there, as is Kristen Chenoweth's Christmas album...

18. Where is your favorite place to be?
Depends...I'm becoming more of a homebody lately, however I am def a sucker for an afternoon at Chautauqua Park in Boulder.

19. Where is your least favorite place to be?
Work.  I know it's sad because it's where we spend so many hours of our lives there, but it's just hard lately because of the nature of patients we work with and it's been stressful lately.  I enjoy being with friends and laughing instead of being reminded how nasty cancer is.  (I had a particularly rough week last week, so it's a bit bitter right now.)

20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
Europe and Austrailia

21. Where do you think you’ll be in 10 years?
I would hope to be married...and an Aunt.  (NO pressure siblings...I know it's a ways off and I'm totally cool with that!!)

22. Do you tan or burn?
Burn.  I typically look like a boiled lobster.

23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
Uh...can't say as I can remember anything like that...

24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh?
A quip between Marly and I on Thursday night.

25. How many TVs do you have in your house?
2, no need for anymore than that.

26. How big is your bed?
A queen, juuuuuuust right.

27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?
Laptop

28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
PJ's are my favorite clothes ever.

29. What color are your sheets?
Currently they are a white with polka dot/bubble-esque pattern.

30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
Usually two, but there are some nights it's more.

31. What is your favorite season?
Fall

32. What do you like about fall?
The colors, the crispness in the air.

33. What do you like about winter?
Multiple parties to see friends.

34. What do you like about the summer?
When the weather is warm but not scorching hot.

35. What do you like about spring?
Rain, cool-ish weather.

36. How many states/provinces have you lived in?
Two, Washington and Colorado

37. What cities/towns have you lived in?
Edmonds, Broomfield (x2), Lakewood (x2), Arvada (x3), Westminster

38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
Socks or barefoot

39. Are you a social person?
VERY.

40. What was the last thing you ate?
Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich.

41. What is your favorite restaurant?
Wazee Supper Club and On The Border

42. What is your favorite ice cream?
It used to be B&J's Triple Caramel Chunk, but honestly, as long as it has caramel involved...I'm thrilled.

43. What is your favorite dessert?
Hmmm...for my birthday it's DQ ice cream cake...otherwise, ice cream in general...

44. What is your favorite kind of soup?
Panera's Chicken Noodle

45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
Raspberry

46. Do you like Chinese food?
Yes.  YES YES YES.  Chicken Lo Mein and Sesame Chicken are huge weaknesses of mine.

47. Do you like coffee?
Nope.

48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average?
Not nearly enough.  probably only about 2 right now, but there is a reason I constantly try to carry a water bottle with me.

49. What do you drink in the morning?
Bing.  It's my caffeine weakness.

50. What non-banking related card in your wallet is the most valuable to you?
Hmmm...Driver's License

51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
Left (while you're in the bed, right when you're looking AT the bed.)

52. Do you know how to play poker?
Barely.

53. Do you like to cuddle?
Yes, yes I do.

54. Have you ever been to Canada?
When I was really little.

55. Do you have an addictive personality?
In some instances.

56. Do you eat out or at home more often?
It's been out more than in, but I'm trying to get better about that.  Plus, I want to expand my cooking repertoire.

57. What do you miss about high school, if anything?
Nothing.  Other than my clothing size.

58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
Yes, a couple folks!

59. Do you want kids?
I go back and forth...for now, I live vicariously through friends and their munchkins.

60. Do you speak any other languages?
Pig Latin

61. Have you ever gotten stitches?
Yes, surgical procedures tend to require them.

62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Sadly, yes.

63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
For swimming? Pool. For visiting? Ocean.  (Leaving Stacey's answer...it applies here too.)

64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat?
Aisle.  Always the aisle.

65. Do you know how to drive stick?
Only in an absolute emergency.

66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Others.  :)

67. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7?
Yes, one silver ring I got in San Francisco on a girls' trip about 5 years ago.  (Holy crap...5 years ago???)

68. What is your favorite TV show?
Currently?  How I Met Your Mother.

69. Can you roll your tongue?
Yup.

70. Who is the funniest person you know?
Huh...good question...I know many funny people.  Including myself.

71. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
Nope

72. What is the main ring tone on your phone?
One of the defaults on the phone, I need to actually look into one that I like more.

73. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
I'm not sure.  There are about 8 boxes in my closet from mom and dad's house marked "baby stuff" so it's likely.

74. What red object is closest to you right now?
The buttons on the Comcast remote.

75. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth?
Yes

76. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Open

77. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
Um, what's option #3?

78. Do you flirt a lot?
No.  One area of my life that is rather...(insert proper disparaging adjective here)

79. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Either ranch or bbq or sweet and sour sauce...

80. What is your favorite food?
Typically...mexican

81. Can you change the oil on a car?
Hm, no...although, I've watched Sparky do it enough, I should.

82. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Yes.

83. Have you ever run out of gas?
Twice.  Only ONCE was it my fault.  The other was a faulty gas gaug

84. What is your usual bedtime?
Lately, too late.  Need to start getting my booty in bed by 10ish.

85. What was the last book you read?
The Help.  OMG, if you haven't read it yet, you should.

86. Do you read the newspaper?
Nope.

87. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
No, but if I were to get one, it would be People.  Love it, truly, I do.

89. Do you watch soap operas?
Not now.  In college, there was a rather serious Days of Our Lives addiction going though.

90. Do you dance in the car?
Yes, often.

91. What radio station did you last listen to?
98.5.  I'm a country girl, but I have my occasion where I switch to 105.9 for the

92. Who is in the picture frame closest to you?
My "European Grandpa", Willi.  He's pretending to be the Berlin Wall.  I love that picture.

93. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper?
Grocery list

94. What is your favorite candle scent?
A clean fresh scent...lately it's kind of a white tea or laundry-esque scent...

95. What is your favorite board game?
Taboo

Where’s 96?

97. When was the last time you attended church?
Sadly, June.  Travel, plans and sheer exhaustion have interfered lately.

98. Who was your favorite teacher in high school?
Huh...I have no idea...likely Mrs. Schlicker.

99. What is the longest you have ever camped out in a tent?
4 days.  Loved almost every minute of it too.

100. Who was the last person to do something extra special for you?
Family for birthday and Cam for my bike.  :)  Although I am VERY excited for Tuesday night's joint birthday party with one of my all time favorite people.  :)


2 comments:

Karen said...

#4. I'm glad to hear you are going to HP. I'll be there, too, one of the aforementioned "nuts," I guess.
#7. Maggy blogs a lot. That's nice :)
#8. I did not know Marly had a new website. She does not blog a lot :)
#85. Loved The Help!
#100. Happy Birthday!!

Maggy said...

Awesome sauce, read them all. You sometimes sleep with MORE than 2 pillows? girl...