Monday, April 12, 2010

And THAT is Why You Get A Second Opinion...

Okay, I won't torture you...I won't drag it out to the very end of the blog.  In fact, you can't even really call this one a blog since I'm not going to go into huge detail, only because Mom wants to be able to link to the blog, and get her email out to her folks.

I DO NOT NEED BRAIN SURGERY.  (If you had just seen how many times it took me to get the minor typos out of that sentence though, you'd wonder. HA!)

When I saw Dr. N and Dr. M, they were ready to slice and dice...when I asked Dr. O about the other "crowding" that was on the MRI on the right side, he very easily explained that...my brain isn't doing what they thought, and it was the angle of the MRI slice.  Well, glad I didn't go with Dr.'s N and M!!!

As it turns out, Randolph, is a wanna-be Chiari.  According to Dr. O, a "true" chiari starts at 5mm.  Yeah, good ol' Randolph stops at 4.  He got close enough and gave up. 

What does this mean?  This means I have another test to go through with my eye doctor to check the pressure in my skull to make sure that things aren't under too much pressure (all kidding aside) and then a follow up with my regular doctor.  I already have my regular doc appointment scheduled, we will be having a looooooooong chat.

The thing that is going to help reduce any pressure I already have and what is causing my current headaches (besides stress) is getting up off my booty and moving more and being better about what I eat.  (We all hear it from the regular doc, and we all know how fun that is...imagine hearing that from your NEUROSURGEON.)  Ok...got it. 

Okay, that's all I'll say for now, but will update later.  I'm making mom and dad take me out for steak and margaritas.

Take THAT Randolph.

No comments: