Sunday, November 29, 2009

What I'm Thankful For...

So lots of folks had been posting their facebook statuses as things that they are thankful for. I love seeing what folks are thankful for, but I am a twisted individual and would rather try to vent a bit o' frustration or attempt to be humorous via my status updates, so instead, I am going to post what I am thankful for this way. Now, I did begin this waaaay before Thanksgiving, I just didn't get around to posting it until now. As for the what I'm thankful for, I could just rattle them off, but I thought about challenging myself a bit. I figure I'm 31 (yup...that's right...) so I should have at LEAST 31 reasons to be thankful for, and I am sure that I do...but when I sat down to write my list, I tapped out at 23. If you notice one GLARINGLY bad one missing...feel free to let me know!

Now, my list will have things both real and what may sound trivial (to some). Pfft...this is my list. I'll list how I want to!

1. Dad
2. Mom
3. Melissa - for our marathon discussions
4. Kurt - for what he does with his kids
5. Chris - for how happy he makes Melissa
6. Maggy - for how happy she makes Kurt
7. Baxter - for comic relief and fur therapy
8. Work - pays the bills and I feel like I actually make a teeny difference
9. Friends - too many to list and the ways they impact my life are too numerous to count
10. Food - need it to live, but I'm also lucky to have what I have instead of nothing at all!
11. Love - from friends, family and God most of all!
12. Life - the alternative wouldn't be as fun...(heaven yes, death, no.)
13. Flatirons - for keeping me grounded and making me think
14. My small group - for making life's ups and downs a bit easier knowing I'm not the only one living this roller coaster!
15. Target - yes it's odd, but I have a love/hate relationship with Target. I love to shop there b/c I can find what I need for less than most other stores (normally) but I hate it because I walk in needing socks and walk out $50 later.
16. iTunes - to keep my drives from being boring
17. Email - to stay in touch with those not close by
18. Facebook - (I just heard half of you laugh at me and/or roll your eyeballs.) Has connected me with many long lost friends, and has distracted me for numerous mundane hours.
19. Laughter - without it, I'd die.
20. Where I Live - Colorado is called "God's Country" for a reason...
21. Our military - without them and their sacrifices, I wouldn't be able to write what I'm writing today, let alone live my life without fear.
22. Hugs - nothing will make a bad situation a bit easier or another person feel a smidge better than a good ol' fashioned hug. Don't do it if you don't mean it either.
23. My (annoyingly) sunny outlook on things - if I don't see that glass as half full...I will go stark raving mad. Why focus on negative when there is ALWAYS a silver lining.

And THAT is what I'm thankful for. :)

1 comment:

Freedom said...

Hey there is NOTHING wrong with being thankful for Facebook - in fact I probably would have put it HIGHER on the list!!! I could not survive without it!! ok maybe I could but life would be boring ;)